Sunday, November 4, 2007
Television
Today as I watched the Vikings game I felt an unusual surge of anger. It was unusual in that it was stronger than my normal anger that is constantly raging. This was caused by the stupidity of the football announcers during the game. Maybe it is just because football has such long periods of inactivity that the announcers end up saying stupid stuff or maybe it is just because they are dumb but I seriously couldn’t take it. They invent obscure records that aren’t that impressive to make the game more interesting. Like who cares if this guy has the most touchdowns at the Metrodome on the fourth of November. That isn’t really that impressive. And the programming is so controlled by advertising it is ridiculous to me. Any amount of time over thirty seconds is instantly zapped away to commercials not to mention the planned breaks and then to have to listen to two doofuses talk about how much they like that networks shows is enough to make me cry. I mean I really respected Bob Costas as an announcer until I saw him try to be funny. In the two minutes of programming that the network allowed some analysts between commercials they had one of those old electronic football games and Bob was going to do it and it didn’t work. So he started shaking it around, “There they go!” Then the forced laughter of the other guys made me sad. It was just so dumb. Watching the combination of announcers on Fox of Jimmy Johnson, Terry Bradshaw, and Howie Long I actually felt myself getting dumber. I wish the networks could figure out a system to show commercials only in between commercials and that the league could speed the games up so 1. We don’t have to deal with as many commercial breaks slowing the game down and 2. Not have to deal with the dumbass announcers for as long and have less non-game studio programming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment