Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Morning News
Only the nightly news can be taken seriously. NBC’s Today Show is a joke. When I was kid every day when I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast the today show was on. I watched it pretty much every day too until high school and then I started to realize how dumb it was. They spend about tow minutes out of every hour covering stories that are actually important. The rest of the time is spent with long over emotional interviews about stories that are outdated and irrelevant. A lot of time is wasted doing things that are supposed to be funny but really aren’t. The best part is where in the world is Matt Lauer and that only happens once a year and doesn’t have anything to do with news at all. This segment would be better if the travel channel picked it up and turned into a series of its own. This and other morning “news” shows are a good example of the news as entertainment problem. Rather than covering actual relevant events they try and cover human interest stories that were never terribly interesting to me or do things that may have some vague connection to a current event and try and make it entertaining. Even the nightly news isn’t all that great to watch. There will be four stories maybe on the national news then a bunch of human-interest stories. Basically I find the television news very hard to relate to and not terribly relevant to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment