Sunday, October 21, 2007
Artist Integrety
I don’t think illegal downloading is as a big of a problem as it is made out to be for the top selling artists. Mostly when people download they are downloading one song and not an entire album. This brings me to what I think is a big problem then with these artists. Their music is terrible. They have one catchy song but all the rest is just terrible and annoying to listen to. Soulja boy is a good example of this. He has Crank That for a big hit but all the rest of his songs sound exactly the same and are terribly annoying. This one is one of the most annoying things I have ever heard. I think people are more likely to buy the whole alhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifbum if all the songs are actually good. When an artist is relying on one or two hits to sell fifteen songs they don’t even necessarily deserve to be making lots of money. Artists like that don’t even have very strong fan bases anyways. An artist like Radiohead has a very strong and loyal fan base that is wiling to pay eighty dollars for an album and doesn’t rely on just hits to sell their albums. To me music should be an art and not just about making money. I’m not saying I don’t like those catchy songs and one hit wonders but I am saying that those artists shouldn’t complain if they make one good song and ten terrible ones and it doesn’t sell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment